Thursday, November 01, 2012

Visiting Beijing - Day 3


Day 3 of Beijing was my favorite day!!! Thinking about it still makes me grin from ear to ear. *Happiness*

As it was windy the previous night, smog had been blown away and what was left was clear blue sky!! Even our tour guide commented that such prefect day was hard to come by.

After breakfast, we set off at 8 in the morning. Like any other tour, we were brought to some traditional Chinese medicine factory. It was no fun and a waste of time in my opinion since the visit was not in our intended itinerary. I did not take many photos since we did not buy anything. We were supposed to set off for the Great Wall but again, some tour members spent too much time that we can only push the visit till after lunch.

A traditional TCM factory that sell miracle cream 

So that was when the excitement began. As our bus drove closer towards the Great wall, I could no longer contain my excitement, I can’t wait to get off the bus. I was ecstatic!! I jumped around like a little kid and can’t wait to conquer the wall. After a couple of group shots and a toilet break, we began the journey. Time check – 1.30 pm.

View from the carpark

Entrance to the Great Wall and that lady was our tour guide

Isn't it lovely?

Crowded at the beginning

Prefect day!!

It was an amazing feeling to be stepping on something built 600 years ago. Every step was a challenge because it was so steep. The higher I climb the lesser clothes I wore…  Haha!! It was a great workout and I was sweating like mad. LZ was so nice that he helped me carry my sweater and whatever extra load on me. 

A little more to go~

We never thought of giving up and were determined to complete the loop. Finally, after almost an hour, we reached the highest tower. It was surreal. The view from the tower was breathtaking and I was literally out of breath!! Yay, we conquered the Great wall of China!! Time check – 2.20pm. Since we were supposed to meet at the bus at 2.45 pm, we went into the *Ohh shit* mode.

 We reached the top!!

So we began to descend and the faster I walked, the scarier the steps seemed to me. I felt like my legs didn't belonged to me and my eyes could not differentiate steps from flat path. My calf started to ache and the journey seemed never ending.  By the time we reach the bus, it was already 3 pm. We already did our very best to be on time, and we’re glad everyone were genuinely happy for us that we conquered the loop, instead of blaming us for being late. =)

The next place we will be visiting was also one that I looked forward to. It was Empress Dowager Cixi’s favorite place and mine too!! The Summer Palace. Visiting the summer palace in the evening made it extra mesmerizing. As the sun sets behind the impressive lake, our hearts were captivated by the wondrous landscape. What a romantic place!!

Summer Palace

Willow tress swaying in the refreshing wind

The lake

Romantic sunset

The day finally ended after dinner but being extra energetic after our workout at the Great wall, we think it is not time to conclude the night just yet. So, together with another couple, we set off on our own again. This time, we went back to Wangfujin shopping street.

At Wangfujing 

Just fooling around while waiting for the lift

It was a relaxing night just strolling with LZ hand in hand, wandering aimlessly in the busy street of Beijing. That concluded our last night in Beijing. =)


Tip: Bring lip balm and hand moisturizer!! It was extremely dry and if u fancy a romantic kiss, keep your lips sexy~

No comments: